Updated December 30, 2017
- Details on each scheduled outing (see below) will be presented by the outing coordinator at the Free State Fly Fishers (FSFF) meeting prior to the outing, emailed to members two weeks in advance, and posted on the FSFF web site.
- A one- to two-page description of outing logistics, including when, where, meeting location/time, target species, recommended equipment, recommended flies, license(s) needed, and any other instructions/outing logistics will be prepared for each outing and widely distributed at club meetings and posted on-line on the club’s web site.
- The club’s seasonal newsletters will also include the updated outings schedule, information on the upcoming outings, and reports on outings already conducted.
- Got an idea for an outing? Please contact Rich Batiuk, FSFF Outings Coordinator at 410-268-5226 or at a club meeting.
- Being an outing coordinator is simple: 1) set the date, where to meet and when, 2) draft-up the one-page outing description, and 3) just show up and start fishing!
- 2017 FSFF outings goals: aiming for at 1-4 outings per month (and yes, January through December!!) for a total of at least 25 outings for the year.
|Date||Location||Target Species||Outing Coordinator(s)|
|Feb 10||Tuckahoe Pond, Maryland||Crappie, Pickerel, Perch||Mike Mattia 443-570-4735|
|March 10||Allens Pond, Bowie, Maryland||Trout||Mike Mattia 443-570-4735|
|March 18||Wye Mills Pond, Maryland||Crappie, Pickerel||Mark Bange 410-255-7260|
|April 7||Unicorn Lake, Millington, Maryland||Trout, Crappie, Pickerel, Perch||Mike Mattia 443-570-4735|
|April 7||Muddy Creek, Pennsylvania||Trout||John Scarborough 443-214-4188|
|April 21-23||Casselman River/Savage River/North Branch Potomac River/Western Maryland Streams (multi-day overnight outing)||Brook Trout, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout||Gary Grey 301-452-8863
|April||Deer Creek, Maryland||Shad||Tom Gooding 410-570-9433|
|May 1||Unicorn Pond, Maryland||Bluegills, Pickerel||Mark Bange 410-255-7260|
|May 9||Unicorn Pond, Maryland||Bluegills, Pickerel||Mark Bange 410-255-7260|
|May||Beaver Island, Michigan http://carptrip.com||Carp, Smallmouth Bass||Luis Santiago 209-485-5315|
|May 19||Thomas Point County Park, Maryland||Striped Bass||Sal Vespoint 410-266-8140|
|May 20||Trap Pond, Delaware||Bluegills, Sunfish, Pickerel, Largemouth Bass||Joe Slayton 410-757-4646|
|June 2-4||Casselman River/Savage River/North Branch Potomac River/Western Maryland Streams (multi-day overnight outing)||Brook Trout, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout||Frank Bowne
|June 19||Weems Creek, Maryland||White Perch, Striped Bass||Mark Bange 410-255-7260|
|June 24||South Fork Shenandoah River, VA (float trip)||Smallmouth Bass, Sunfish, Rock Bass||Rich Batiuk 410-268-5226
|June 25-28||State College Area Trout Streams, Pennsylvania||Trout||John Scarborough 443-214-4188|
|June 30||Unnamed Pond in Edgewater, MD||Bass, Crappie, Bluegills, Catfish||Mike Mattia 443-570-4735|
|July||Pond of the Month||TBD||Mike Mattia 443-570-4735|
|July 29||Potomac River, Maryland||Smallmouth Bass, Sunfish||Rich Batiuk 410-268-5226
|Aug||Pond of the Month||TBD||Mike Mattia 443-570-4735|
|Aug 26||Rappahannock River, Virginia||Smallmouth Bass, Sunfish||Rich Batiuk 410-268-5226
|Sept 9||Kent Island/Prospect Bay, Maryland||Striped Bass, White Perch||Mark Bange 410-255-7260|
|Sept 22-24||Janes Island State Park, Maryland||Sea Trout, Striped Bass||Luis Santiago 209-485-5315|
|Sept 22||Melford Pond, Maryland||Largemouth Bass, Sunfish||Mike Mattia 443-570-4735|
|Sept 28||Brunswick, Maryland||Smallmouth bass, redbreast sunfish, rock bass||Mark Bange 410-255-7260|
|Sept 30||Kent Island/Prospect Bay, Maryland||Striped Bass, White Perch, Flounder!!||Mark Bange 410-255-7260|
|Oct 28||Trap Pond/Records Pond, Delaware||Largemouth bass, Pickerel, Sunfish||Mike Mattia 443-570-4735|
|Nov TBD||Pond of the Month||TBD||Mike Mattia 443-570-4735|
|Nov TBD||Morgan Run, Maryland||Trout||Tom Gooding 410-570-9433|
|Dec TBD||Pond of the Month||TBD||Mike Mattia 443-570-4735|
|Unicorn Pond, Millington, Maryland||Pickerel||Rich Batiuk 410-268-5226
On all FSFF sponsored outings, please do be safe out there as it is your responsibility to stay within your capabilities and practice water safety at all time. Check with the above listed outing coordinator for more information on the fishing conditions if you have any concerns or questions. Most importantly, enjoy the fellowship of your fellow members through fly fishing and tight lines!